25.6.15

Ben Howard - The Fear

today while wandering the aisles in the supermarket heard some familiar song and was happily surprised that the local radio station chose this amazing song by the most talented Ben Howard to play on air

My, my, cold-hearted child, tell me how you feel
Just a blade in the grass, a spoke unto the wheel
Oh, my, my, cold-hearted child, tell me where it's all gone
All the luster of your bones, those arms that held you strong

Oh, I've been worryin' that my time is a little unclear
I've been worryin' that I'm losing the ones I hold dear
I've been worryin' that we all live our lives in the confines of fear

Oh, my, my, cold-hearted child, tell me how you feel
Just a grain in the morning air, dark shadow on the hill
Oh, my, my, cold-hearted child, tell me where it all falls
All this apathy you feel will make a fool of us all

Oh, I will become what I deserve

I've been worryin', I've been worryin',
I will become what I deserve
My time is a little unclear

No comments: